“The Stallion” 25000LB
Sherpa have been been designing and building winches for many years and what makes them different from others is that they listen to customer requests and feedback and continually look to improve. Customers with large trucks have been looking for economically viable, stronger electric winches to remove the dependence on hydraulic solutions and Sherpa has now delivered.
Whilst this winch is name plated at 25,000 lb, it’s true capacity far exceeds this and it achieves over 30,000 lb pulling power before other components start reaching their design limits. Sherpa take an over-engineered and conservative approach to design which ensures their winches perform and are not operating on their limits.
The Stallion has a brand new heavy duty 8.9 hp electric motor combined with a new gearbox ratio. Upgraded bushes help this winch to perform under the high demands and stresses of heavy vehicle recovery. As with all Sherpa winches, the Stallion comes with a genuine Albright International solenoid pack ensuring it’s waterproof and the most reliable on the market.
Available with 30m of 12mm Dyneema (rated to 31,000 lb) or 12mm steel cable (rated to 30,000 lb) in 12v or 24v, there’s a solution for a range of popular trucks on the market.
WHY ARE SHERPA WINCHES DIFFERENT TO THE COMPETITION?
- Tried and Tested – Sherpa 4×4 winches have been designed and built with many years experience in the winching and lifting business. These winches have been through many stages of testing and improvements to deliver a product Sherpa 4×4 is proud to offer to the public. Proven performers under water in the muddiest rain forests on the planet recovering ladened trucks to safety. Sealed to water and mud ingress, they perform reliably in the toughest outback conditions.
- Tough & Durable – The winch is designed to survive in all conditions, with 316 stainless steel componentry and machined aluminum mounts, this winch will stand up to all environments.
- Braking Design – Beware of cheap imitations! Many winches on the market use the old cable winch ‘Brake in drum’ design which causes heat to build up in the winch damaging synthetic rope. ‘Brake in Drum’ winches were never intended for use with synthetic ropes and this will become obvious at the most inconvenient time. Sherpa winches are compatible with all types of synthetic rope as the brake is designed into the gearbox. This innovative design results in a trouble and heat free winch and braking combination.
- Quality gearboxes – Other brands use sintered steel to make their gears. In this process heat and pressure is used to cast shapes from powdered steel. Sintered gears are unpredictable and not as strong as gears that are CNC cut from quality billet steel. Sherpa demand the highest quality components for every step of the winch build meaning they deliver stronger winches that last. New higher load brass bushes are incorporated into the Stallion’s gearbox to handle the increased loads.
- Electrics – Sherpa 4×4 winches come standard with fully sealed, water tight, heavy duty, genuine Albright solenoids. A common failure for winches is the solenoid so why use anything but the best? Sherpa only offer Albright solenoids across our complete range of winches because they work. Don’t waste your time with imitations, demand the best and enjoy the performance.
- Powerful- Sherpa 4×4 winches come with massive series wound motors featuring higher amounts of copper in the winding’s then others. By specifying the best motors across the entire winch range, you are ensured a more durable winch which can withstand the extreme conditions recovery brings. The Stallion has the new 8.9 hp motor which produces increased torque at lower temperatures meaning you can winch for longer under higher loads. This new motor allows Sherpa to move into new performance figures never seen before.
- Simplicity – Sherpa 4×4 winches are supplied with the parts and materials making installation easy for the home mechanic. Included is all mounting hardware to fit your winch and control box to the bar. Note, the Stallion winch is larger then common winches and users are recommended to check the measurements against their bar before purchasing. Fitment issues with some bars are known to exist. The standard size Stallion will not fit ECB bars on Dodge Ram trucks due to a inter-cooler clash and users must special order the build of a small footprint version Stallion.
- Fair leads & Hawse – Depending on if you’re after the synthetic rope or the steel cable a 4 roller fairlead or aluminium hawse will be supplied. An offset aluminium hawse can also be supplied on request.
- Warranty and Parts – Sherpa 4×4 offers a 5 Year warranty on the 25,000lb Stallion winch. Please see the Sherpa 4×4 Product Warranty. An economical range of spares are always available for existing Sherpa customers.
- Options – A ‘Plug n Play’ wireless remote kit can be supplied if wireless operation is required. Sherpa 4×4 also advises all winches be wired with a battery isolation switch rated to 500A continuous duty (2 isolation switches will be required for dual motor winches running two batteries).
GENUINE ALBRIGHT SOLENOIDS
All Sherpa 4×4 winches come with genuine Albright solenoids! Incorporated into the electrics is a custom made version of the DC88P solenoid designed specifically by Albright International for the Sherpa 4×4 control boxes. With 70 years experienced in contactor design, these are by far the best winch solenoids available. Capable of handling up to 800 amps, almost twice the maximum capacity of the winch. Contact plating is second to none, increasing the duty cycle over other winches. As seen in our water submersion testing videos the Albright solenoids can be run for significant time under water without moisture ingress. The cheap Chinese solenoids used in the majority of winches will fail under extreme conditions and under high amperage load.
|Rated Line Pull||25,000lb (11,363kg)|
|Motor||8.9hp in 12V or 24V options|
|Gear reduction ratio||366:1 3 planetary gearbox|
30m of 12mm Dyneema rope rated to 31,000lb MBS (Minimum Breaking Strength)
30m of 12mm steel cable rated to 30,000 Lb MBS
|Mounting Bolt Diameter||11.2mm|
|Drum Size (Dia x Length)||64mm x 224mm|
|Mounting Bolt Pattern||254mm x 114.3mm|
|Clutch||180 degree turn, free spooling, slide ring gear|
|Brake||Automatic in gearbox|
|Solenoid||Albright International Heavy Duty|
|Fairlead / Hawse||Cable (4 way roller fair lead) | Rope (polished aluminium hawse)|
|Battery Leads||2m long|